- watch now
- streaming for individuals
- DOWNLOAD for institutions including but not limited to universities, colleges and museums
- DOWNLOAD for institutions including universities, colleges and museums who have previously screened the film
- "a woman like that" download including limited PPR for universities and academic libraries
- DOWNLOAD for public libraries, high schools, community college and community groups use
- streaming for small groups of 20 individuals or less, including but not limited to book clubs, arts clubs and book stores
- streaming faq
- learn more
Ellen Weissbrod: Director, Producer, Writer, Editor
Although Ellen Weissbrod has been making documentaries for almost twenty years, "a woman like that" is her first personal, feature length film. Weissbrod’s previous work includes the IDA nominated “Face to Face” a provocative portrait of thirty-eight year old conjoined twins Lori and Reba Schappell; the Emmy nominated “It Just Takes One;" and the Warner Bros. feature documentary, "Listen Up: The Lives of Quincy Jones," which premiered at the Edinburgh, Toronto and New York Film Festivals. Roger Ebert named it as one of the best films of 1990. Weissbrod has also made award winning commercials for HBO and many music videos.
Melissa Powell: Producer, Writer, Editor
Melissa Powell has been making films for over thirty years. Her production credits include: Jill Godmilow’s “Mabou Mines: Lear 87 Archive (Condensed)”; “Aaron Copland” for American Masters on PBS; and “Xero,” Maggie Greenwald’s first feature. Powell was the Line Producer on “Listen Up: The Lives of Quincy Jones” and produced “blessing” directed by Paul Zehrer, which premiered at the 1994 Sundance Film Festival. She Co-Produced “Grind” directed by Chris Kentis, starring Billy Crudup and the late Adrienne Shelley.